Welcome to the home of the National League of American Pen Women, Inc. (NLAPW), an organization of professional women artists, composers, and writers, founded in 1897, dedicated to our mission as a 501(c)3 organization to serve our communities through the arts.
The Mission of the National League of American Pen Women is to support and promote creative excellence and professional standards among women in the arts.*
Who are we?
We have branches on all three of our nation’s coasts, in Hawaii, in rural areas, in large cities, and in towns and states throughout our nation.
Branches offer seminars, workshops, art exhibits, readings, concerts, and outreach programs. Educational, outreach events and concerts sponsored by the NLAPW through the historic Pen Arts Building in the heart of Washington, D.C. aim to enhance Arts experiences for diverse communities, including youth, in the District of Columbia.
*Passed by the NLAPW National Board of Directors, October, 2014.
Want to know more?
Explore our website to learn our history, events, contest news, art and poetry.
- Click About for our mission statement, and visit pages on our history, historic headquarters, and outreach programs.
- You can find out how to join under Membership.
- Look under Competitions for grants.
- Latest News and Events will connect you with our upcoming programs.
- Find out how (and why) to Donate to our cause of promoting Art, Music and Letters.
- Visit our Publications section to find out about our quarterly literary magazine, The Pen Woman, and our Pen Women Press books.
- Check out our bookstore!
Connect with us!
Iphone and Android users can bookmark to your homescreen and connect with our arts scene from your mobiles. Our YouTube channel is a click away.
Receive a Poem of the Week and an Art of the Week by signing up for our blog. (It’s free, of course!)
Get the arts scene scoop in a flash by following us on Twitter. And link to our Google+ page here. Don’t miss our sticky notes on every page that will link you to publications, our blog, art galleries and more.