The NLAPW National Board of Directors held its January meeting Saturday, our first on-line venture. Despite the newness of the technology and teeth-cutting on cyber-procedures, it was a successful way to save money and get down to business at the same time. Christina Laurie, 3rd Vice President and National Chaplain, offered these inspirational words at the opening:
January is the month of beginnings. New Year’s Resolutions fall from our lips casually as we celebrate the ringing in of another year. In our creative endeavors, we need to think of what can benefit us and our work. How can we make resolutions that can help us increase and improve our work?
Here are some ideas:
1. Commit to working two (or more) hours a day. Be specific on the number.
2. Clean up your work space. Use files, boxes, shelves, closets.
3. Keep good records in a special notebook of sales, exhibits, performances, etc.
4. Don’t be afraid to fail.
5. Create a 25-word promo of your book, music or art work. This is called an “elevator
6. Take a class.
7. Celebrate in a special way each success you receive.
As we celebrate this new year, let us expect good things to come of it. A positive attitude makes a big difference.
May you find success in your work, sales and productions.
2012-14 National Chaplain
Membership Chair, Cape Cod Branch &
Nat’l vice President & Nat’l Chaplain
National League of American Pen Women
to link to Christina’s blog to read January haiku, click here.